Some noteable things that have happened in the last week:
I cried when I listened to my Carrie Underwood CD in the car on the way home from work last week. Like really CRIED. It was the song "American Girl". Seriously. I am an emotional wreck, I already was pretty sappy but now it is BAD. Embarassing even.
I went shopping for "almost maternity" clothes this weekend. Well, tops... tops that will cover my bella band that I have to use now w/ some of my pants that won't button. Loose, comfy, yet cute tops. I was very happy to find that the empire waist and flowy tops are still "in" this fall. Someone from work definitely noticed and said "how cute". If pudge is cute, well OK :) I also got my first congratulations at work from someone I didn't know all that well which was a cool feeling, made me happy.
We got our first baby gifts. So crazy to have toys and blankies in our house! Exciting and cool but also so WEIRD!!! Love it.... baby stuff is so soft and cute.
Lastly, today on my way into work one of my co-workers told me that my face is "starting fill out". Awesome, that is exactly what I'd like to hear at 8:00 in the morning. I mean, look.... I know I am pregnant and I am inevitably going to gain weight and unfortunately for me, that shows in my chubby cheeks! But, you will never know until you are pregnant how sensitive you become to these things. Women are already sensitive about their weight and even when we have a GOOD reason to be chubby.... it's still not easy. Some of the stories my pregnant friends have shared with me are crazy - the things people say! I don't get it! Well, in the end, I let it roll off my back b/c I am happy with myself and am growing a human being inside my body so whatever... I just am amazed at the things people feel free to comment on.
This week (week 14), baby is the size of a lemon. He/she is doing all kinds of crazy things like wiggling toes, kicking (can't feel it yet), growing peach fuzz like hair, and even peeing! Something is peeing inside my belly... weird!
No comments:
Post a Comment