Today I'm 37 weeks. That's full term. That means baby can come any day now. Crazy!
These last weeks have been really hard on my body. Here are some of the fabulous things that have happened over the last couple of weeks:
Snoring/sleep apnea - I snore so loud that Mike can't even take it. He recorded me one night and I laughed until I cried b/c I cannot believe that noise came out of me!!! It even wakes me up at night and is causing problems with my breathing while I sleep - yet another thing to keep me up at night.
Aches and pains - nobody ever warned me about how my body would hurt. Every day I get out of bed, my joints and bones feel like I either have arthritis or did an ironman triathlon the day before.
Aches and pains - nobody ever warned me about how my body would hurt. Every day I get out of bed, my joints and bones feel like I either have arthritis or did an ironman triathlon the day before.
Cankles - the swelling came on so suddenly and now it's hard to get it to go away. It makes me feel that much fatter. Such fun!
and the best for last . .. .Stretch marks - I've made it all this way without them and now they decide to show up. Great! Luckily they are really light but still enough to bug me! I will be using any and all kinds of skin therapy after the birth b/c apparently if you're gonna get them, you're gonna get them and there's nothing you can do about it - I've been lubing my belly up vigilantly and still... they showed up. I don't know why I'm surprised - my belly is so huge (see pic). It just keeps growing out and out like a torpedo and I guess my skin can only take so much stretching.
I went to the doc today and nothing new is happening with my cervix, and the baby still has not dropped. I asked her how big she estimates Baby to be and her words were "Well, I can tell you it's not a small baby". HAHA... Then, she felt around a bit and said she thought it was at least seven pounds now and if I go 40 weeks we're looking at at least an 8 pounder. Nice healthy chunker, I like it ;) Let's hope I can pop him/her out with no problems!
So, baby is the size of a watermelon now and is moving around all the time now - I think he/she is ready to get out! I am so so anxious to meet Baby S now. We just can't wait to finally hold him/her! Three more weeks and counting. . .
No comments:
Post a Comment