Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Food Fight!

So, big week as Sofie had her first solids this week. She also turned five months! Mike and I have been watching some videos from when she was first born and it is so crazy how much she has changed in such a short time. She's such a blast and we're starting to see that she has Dad's happy disposition and charm, and Mom's flirty smile ;) She also has Mom's impatience!

We are starting to teach her some sign language and we think she's understanding "milk" now. When we do the sign for milk, she gets very excited so it's pretty cool. We can't wait till she starts signing to us. I am excited to teach her so I can learn new stuff too!

On a downer note, we had another scare but everyone is OK!! On Sunday afternoon Sofie woke up from her nap and was pretty hungry/cranky so Mike and I went up to get her and I was holding her on the way down the stairs and somehow missed a step and fell down with her in my arms. Talk about a major scare... I was in such shock I don't even remember what happened, what I did or how I fell. Mike was right in front of me (thank GOD), and grabbed us both as soon as he realized what happened. I somehow completely protected Sofia from any injury whatsoever (the motherly instinct/protection is an amazing thing!) and we quickly figured out her cries were just from fright. It was the WORST feeling - I was in total freak out mode and I'm so glad Mike is so even tempered. He had to tell me 1000 times that we were OK. And thank God, we were. I've only got some bruising but I would rather have broken every bone in my body if it meant no harm done to Sofie. I was having major guilt about it, but learned this is unfortunately more common than you'd think. Now I walk down the stairs like a little old lady, super careful. I am just glad our fall was pretty minor compared to what it could have been. Again, can't think about "what could have been"... we were yet again blessed and lucky to have been protected.

Other than that, everything has been great! She's sleeping about ten hours a night (8PM to 6AM) which is awesome. She still has a night wake here and there, but definitely not an every night thing. We are starting "sleep training" which sucks. A couple of times we have had to let her cry about 20 minutes and it's just not fun. It's important for her to learn to go to sleep on her own though, and I get it - but I can't stand to hear her cry.

She's still nursing and I hope to exclusively breastfeed for a year. That is my goal, and if it works out then great, if not - that's fine too. Initially when I thought I was going back to work, I had a six month goal but now that I'm home, I figure why not go for a year? She loves it, I love it, and it's so good for her so that's what we're aiming for!

Staying at home has been wonderful. I couldn't ask for a better, more rewarding job. I'm not going to lie - some days I'm like "what the heck can we do today?" You can only do so much tummy time, songs, and exersacer :) But, we always find ways to fill the days and I know Sofia is a super happy girl. I'm the happiest Mommy, that is for sure and she's my little BFF.

Lastly, some fun visuals :) Here are all of the pics of Sofia's 4 Month old photo shoot. There are a LOT, so just a warning!

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8AYt2LNw5bN3xg


Here is a video of Sofie getting her first taste of cereal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cT_0CKu8dJI

And, as promised - a weight update. Ugh... haha. 12 pounds to go. I started Bikram yoga which took off 4 pounds in one session but... all water weight so it tricked me ;) Working a little more on the discipline/food portions and trying to work out at least 3-4 times per week. It's going well so far, and I feel great but I just have to be patient with the weight loss... these last 15 pounds have seriously been the hardest. Wish me luck on staying strong!

No comments: