Wednesday, December 1, 2010

We are Thankful!

So we hosted our very first Thanksgiving and also celebrated Sofia's first Turkey Day :) We are thankful for so many things this year. Of course at the top of that list is the best blessing we've ever recieved and that's Sofia. I also continue to be thankful that I get to be with her every step of the way, each day. I could not imagine it any other way, honestly. I'm thankful for my wonderful husband who I love watching be such an amazing father. There is so much more we are thankful for and I won't bore everyone with a list ;) When things get a little challenging, I always remind myself how blessed we really are.

A few new things Sofie is up to:

  • Waving - not always in the right context but she's learning!
  • Making sounds with her mouth - whether razzies or flicking her mouth with her hand to make blubbery noises - so funny
  • Immitating certain things we do
  • New upper tooth just came through
  • Rocking back and forth on all fours - wants to crawl so bad! I think her little gut might be making this more of a challenge :)
  • Eating puffs by the handful - kind of how Daddy eats popcorn. Baxter hangs out under her high chair -smart dog!
  • Putting her hand down to Bax while she is eating and then cracking up laughing b/c his whiskers tickle her
  • LOTs of squealing - she talks to herself for a good 10 minutes before going down for her naps

I wonder if I've been putting off writing this blog b/c I don't have a weight update. I guess at least I did not gain anything over the holidays but I still have 3 lbs to go. I'm so complacent about it b/c my clothes all fit again and really what is 3 pounds? Still, I really hope by the next update I can say "I'm back" but we'll see!


I'm in full holiday mode now ... and P.S. it is snowing here. YAY! :)





And now for some photos (if you click on them you can see them larger - sorry, experimenting with picture sizes):

Sofia's first Thanksgiving


Playing with spoons on Grandpa's lap


Yummy dinner


The table all set, complete with a container of Puffs





Our turkey - delicous! Thanks for the help, Mom :)




Post Thanksgiving lake trip - trying to get a pic with the Grandparents = comedy

No comments: