We spent the morning prepping for the big day, and thanks to our parents and Auntie Robyn the house looked awesome and the food was delicious! It was so special to have our families around for Sofia's day and I know she could feel the love.
I also made Sofia a slideshow to play in the background to go with some music. All I know is I am glad I watched it several times before the party b/c I think I got all my emotional tears out before hand! I am excited I have that slideshow of her first year to keep for forever....
Once everyone was here we had dinner which was a yummy homemade Mexican feast to go along with the Fiesta theme. Sofia definitely enjoyed her fajitas, rice and beans. Of course up next was the cake and she did not know what to make of it. She loved having everyone sing Happy Birthday to her which was pretty funny. As far as the cake eating, I had been awaiting this moment for a very long time b/c Sofie is a girl who loves her food and I could not wait to see what she would do with a big piece of sugary cake. When we brought out her cake with the candle she just looked at it in total wonderment. It was a precious moment for sure. Then, when we cut her a piece, she went to down. She definitely liked the frosting more than the cake! And as for the sugar high afterwards, that was the best part. She was totally stripped down but for her diaper during her cake eating and when I picked her up out of her high chair I tried to hold her at a distance. It was hilarious b/c it was like she kept trying to hug me to "share" all the frosting and she was cracking up. Finally, I gave up and let myself be covered in frosting too! And in the bath she went...
Next was presents and she very much enjoyed the ripping of the paper. Luckily we had a couple of the other guests (the sweet Grahl girls) to help Sofia open which was so nice! :) Thank you to everyone for the great gifts - so so nice and Sofia's playroom and closet are both stocked!
It was a wonderful day - again, totally filled with love. It felt so great to have our family and friends around to celebrate such an important day in our daughter's life. It's one of those days I'd definitely love to re-live. I was relieved and amazed that Sofie genuinely seemed to enjoy herself as well. It was a perfect day, and I can't wait for all the birthday parties to come!
No comments:
Post a Comment