Monday, April 9, 2012

Happy Easter!

On Saturday we went to the Northshore Newcomers Easter party. This is the group I joined when Sofia was an infant to meet other moms through playgroups but we've been trying to do a little more with the group to meet people and get more involved. One of the best events the group does is the Easter party. It was so much fun! We got there and Sofia went straight to crafts and games with Daddy and then went and visited the Easter Bunny. Again, a little tentative but we got her to sit on his lap so that was a win! Then, we ate some donuts and other yummy and very sugary breakfast treats. After that it was time to hunt! Sofia had more fun running and hunting for rocks and sticks rather than eggs but she did get three eggs :)









On Sunday after church, we put Sofia down for an early nap. We got invited to a family's house from church and it was so nice to spend the holiday with such wonderful people. It was the same house where my shower was hosted and the two women who hosted the shower are seriously the sweetest ladies ever. They are so loving and are almost becoming like my moms away from home. They were both there with their husbands and also, a surprise was that the pastor of the church and his wife and three sons were there and they are Mike and I's age so that was a fun addition. It was pretty cool to spend Easter Sunday getting to know the pastor of the church, too! Such a loving and friendly environment and the next best thing to actually being with family. I've never been part of a church were I actually felt like it was a family and I always thought that's how it should be so it just makes me feel so happy we've found this. Sofia also had a blast playing with the three boys and the bulldog, Helen. She was such a good girl and made us proud!

It was a great Easter and I always forget how much I love this holiday.

No comments: