Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Gabe Checkup Updates

I forgot to update his 1 week checkup so I'm going to do that and then today's one month check up (one month has really gone by?!).

1 week:
Wt: 8 lbs, 10.5 oz (75%)
Length: 22 inches (98%)
Head: 36 cm (90%)

1 month: (off the charts on all!)
Wt: 11 lbs, 12.5 oz (above 90%)
Length: 23 1/2 inches (above 98%)
Head: 38 cm (75%)

Dr. Linsmeier said he looks perfect.  All I need to hear!  I could tell in the past month that he is changing and bulking up.  We put on a newborn pj and it was tight and Mike was very sad.  He said "I missed it already!"  I assured him he didn't miss anything... :)  We have definitely enjoyed little Gabe and relish his "smallness" especially in comparison to his big sister! He makes sure we spend quality time with us by waking us up in the middle of the night to say hi.

Speaking of his big sister, she came with me to Gabe's appointment today and I called Mike at the last minute to meet us.  I'm so glad I did b/c she had a complete meltdown.  She hates that place so much and was screaming at the top of her lungs... no matter how much I assured her this appointment was for Gabe.  Once Dr. Linsmeier came in though, she was totally fine.  There is a reason why the doctors themselves don't give shots or do any of the scary stuff to the kids!  She ran up to her and gave her a hug and kept saying her name and talking to her.  So sweet and by the end of the appointment she was totally fine and forgot she was ever upset.  As a reward we took her to Dr. Dawg for a hot dog lunch :)  And as my reward, I got to have a fun lunch with the whole fam!

No comments: