The novelty of pregnancy has worn off. I am uncomfortable all the time. I don't sleep at all any more. I am up AT LEAST every hour... peeing/chugging water/tossing/turning and apparently punching my husband. He said I did this three times last night... sorry baby : And I still have six more weeks. Yikes....
I had my 34 week appointment last night and the nurse said I likely have pregnancy carpel tunnel syndrome. Apparently another random side effect of pregnancy along with feeling like I'm 95... my joints, muscles and bones feel so rickety and sore all the time. Maybe b/c they are supporting so much extra weight, ha!
I turned 30 today. How do I feel about this? Not sure. Pretty old. Very anticlimactic. The first non-excited birthday I've ever had. A good guy friend (one of the only people who can get away with saying these things, haha) said: "You feel old b/c your back hurts, your feet are swollen, you're huge. But you are not old. You are pregnant. Big difference." Truer words have never been spoken, Brian. haha - at least it's all temporary and soon I'll go back to feeling 21 again, right?! Despite all of this, Mike did make me feel super special this morning by making me a delicious waffle brfakfast and got me a day at the spa for my birthday. Actually, this was from the baby (and I quote) "for all I have put you through". Totally made me cry, of course! Like I've always said, my husband is the best :)
Well, my feet ARE now swollen which has led me to retire the heels. Comfort has finally trumped vanity and I'm sticking to what's comfortable now. I will miss my pretty shoes, but will be back in them soon enough.
I did all the baby laundry last weekend. That might have been the most fun I've ever had doing laundry, everything is so adorable and small and folding it all was just ... cute! :)
Lastly, today in the elevator a total random stranger said to me: “So are you due any day now?” Me: “Nope! March 30th” Stranger lady: “Woooowwww, my co-worker is your size and is due on Monday!” . . . seriously, what is wrong with people? And women no less... get a filter for the love.
Another co-worker also said to me today: "I was wondering if you'd make it to your birthday!" I said "No worries there! Not due till March 30th!" That would be six weeks, people, not ANY DAY NOW....I know I'm large but I am measuring right on target according to the doctor OK!!!
34 weeks - baby is a honeydew melon (so cute!), about 18 inches long and moving around in there like a cirque de soliel performer! I SO CANNOT WAIT TO MEET YOU BABY S!!!! MUAH!!! :)
2 comments:
The only reason people say stuff like that is because you were freakin' skinny before you got pregnant! You started off sooooo little, so there is a major difference now! I'd bet if you started off slightly overweight people wouldn't be commenting on your size now. lol
And I think you looked great and right on track on Sunday! Just let it roll off!
haha, thanks Chels...;) I definitely let it roll off b/c I know my "condition" is temporary but I still just am appalled by the things people say! Like I said before, I just have to laugh about it and be thankful I have other preggo friends who I can swap stories with!
Post a Comment