Yes, we have already started the festivities. We attended a tree lighting ceremony on Friday as a family and it was so much fun! Way cooler than we ever expected it to be. There was live music, snow fairies, toy soldiers on stilts, train rides, carriage rides, nutcracker characters and Santa himself! And of course the huge gorgeous Christmas tree. As I said before, I've realized that being able to relive the holidays through your children is such a touching experience. I know she's only 7 months old, but seeing Sofie's face and eyes light up watching all the Christmas activity around us literally brought tears to my eyes. She may not exactly know what's going on but I think all children feel the "magic" of Christmas. I was holding her in my arms and the red and green lights were reflecting on her face and making her eyes twinkle as she had a total look of wonderment on her face, and I couldn't help but get excited for Christmas even though it was only November 12th :) Don't get me wrong, Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays so we will not let Thanksgiving get the shaft...just excited for the holiday season!
Here are some pics from the night and video of the tree lighting...




Milwaukee dodged a bullet this weekend but came close to having our very first snow! I'm sure it's coming sooner than later but I just can't believe it's already time for snow. I always LOVE the first snow of the season and look forward to Sofie seeing snow for the first time.
Even though we felt like children again for one night, we did a very adult thing this weekend and opened up a 529 for Sofia. It feels so good to know that we're saving for her future. It is scary how much college is going to cost by 2028 - yes, that is the year she'll be going to college!!!! And we want more kids! Yikes.... well, we are starting now and saving what we can and hope to be able to give our kids the life, future, and education they deserve.
No comments:
Post a Comment