Friday, November 12, 2010

Lots of "New"s

Sofia's up to lots of new things lately so I had to do a quick update with some pretty entertaining videos. She now recognizes Daddy without a doubt when he comes home and squeals with delight, squirms and beams at him. He has got to love that...sometimes we watch him come in through the front window and as soon as she spots him she kicks her legs and starts smiling. It's awesome to watch her become a little person every day and start to understand what's going on around her. She is truly amazing.

She's also definitely much more talkative these days. She's saying dadadadada way more than Mama! It's her favorite thing to say in between razzies. She is starting to immitate us as well... this started on the changing table with her and daddy. He would shake his head back and forth and she would smile and do it back.

She also immitates fake coughing which is hilarious. She finally can eat her puffs on her own! It's sometimes hit or miss, but she can definitely get them in her mouth now most of the time. It is also great at restaurants now b/c I just put down her little placemat and some puffs and it keeps her busy and she loves them.

Needless to say, she is getting smarter every day (and cuter!) and she plays peekaboo with us instead of the other way around. She will put her head down and if you say "where's Sofie?" she peeks up and then puts her head down again to play more. Daddy started this with her a few weeks ago and now she's a pro at it. Such a smart little baby!

On a not so fun note, the whole family was sick with colds last week and Sofie's turned into an ear infection - her first :( I just knew something was up b/c she was waking at 4:30 AM and one night was crying inconsolably. I told Mike - I think she has an ear infection...goes to show the power of a mother's instinct! Luckily, I had an appointment the next day for her flu shot and had the doc take a look. Sure enough, she had an infection. Poor thing, but she was mostly happy - the nights were just a little rough. I know this is most likely the first of many ear infections which sucks but I guess it's all part of baby-hood.

As far as sleeping, she's been a little "off" at night/morning since turning back the clocks so I don't know if it's that or the ear infection but we haven't been sleeping as great these past few days. 4:30-5 wake up calls are no fun! But, she goes right back to sleep...however, I miss the 7AM wakeup time! I'm giving it some time and doing some reading up in baby sleep habits and actually reading that if she has an earlier bedtime and better naps during the day, she will sleep better. I put the theory to the test last night and put her down at 7:30 and sure enough, this morning she was up at 6... so we shall see.

THREE MORE POUNDS!!!

Eating puffs:


Where's Sofie?

No comments: