This week was Sofia's 9 month check up. She's now as many months old as months that I carried her. Seems a lot shorter... crazy.
I'm happy to report that Sofia is a happy and healthy nine month old baby. Here are her stats:
Height - 27 1/4 (around 50th percentile)
Weight - 20 lbs, 9 oz (around 75th percentile)
Head circ - 445 cm (below 75th percentile)
Her doc says she's developing well and is doing pretty much everything that other nine month olds are. I was a little worried that she's not crawling yet (although so close and trying so hard! She can't get that belly to stay up!). But, the doctor said there is definitely nothing to worry about and that she's just a content little girl. She's perfectly fine chilling on the floor, observing and playing with her toys. Everyone tells me not to rush the mobility so I guess I'll take that advice.
A few new things she's up to:
She seems to be saying Mama in the right context. It's mostly when she wants to be held or nursed. It's super cute and warms my heart each time I hear it.
She has been understanding signs for a while now but the other day while she was nursing, she did the "milk" sign out of the blue! I was so excited! It hasn't happened since but I think she's starting to get it. So cool.
She gives kisses. It's the cutests sweetest thing. Open mouthed kisses - gotta love it. Grammie Lu started this with "besitos" and then Daddy would say "give me a kiss". And now she responds to both with leaning in to you with an open mouth. LOVE!
She has tried a few new big people foods. She still stuffs too much in her mouth and doesn't quite chew everything so this makes me nervous b/c she ends up coughing/gagging. Trying to teach her to slow down.
She understands "no" for the most part. She really likes to put the edge of the area rug in her mouth and I always have to redirect her. Now, she will grab it and then look up at me like "look at what I'm about to do... are you going to try and stop me?" It's hilarious but I have to keep a straight face - something I'm learning will be a constant challenge as a parent! I think she's going to be a funny one with a naughty streak.
That's it for now - here is a funny pic of yesterday's snack time. Hummus, bread, and cheese. YUM!

No comments:
Post a Comment