Wednesday, January 19, 2011

On the Move!

This past weekend I really felt like Sofia turned a corner and really did a lot of developing/changing. She most certainly has a personality now and is growing and learning every single day - it's the most amazing thing to watch!

We had such a wonderful weekend. It was a three day weekend and no working for Mike so it was perfect. We had a wedding and then took a trip down to see Grandma, Grandpa and see Aunt Erin who was in town for the weekend.

. . . and it's official. We've got a mobile baby! She started really crawling on Saturday while Mike was running errands and has been perfecting her form ever since :) It literally happened that fast. When Mike left, she was still scooting. By that evening, she was really crawling. It's pretty funny to watch b/c she is a careful crawler. She's very much a delicate little girl in that sense. She's pretty cautious and takes small scoots but she's definitely on the move. So proud of our little angel!

ALSO, she's signing now! I was so excited the first time she did "milk" as I reported in the last blog and she's started doing a few more now as well. This morning when I put her in her high chair she did "food/eat". I was so proud! She's such a smart little girl. . . she still does "milk" while she is nursing and we think maybe clapping while she eats might mean "more". So, she still has to learn that the point is to use the signs to ask for things but she definitely is showing us that she knows the meaning. So so cool. . .

She's eating like a big girl now. I share lots of things with her that are in tiny pieces . . . she loved Daddy and Grandpa's pumpkin spice pancakes this weekend. She also had her first taste of frozen yogurt at the Bucks game and could not get enough. I think her favorite big people food is definitely cheese. Wisconsin baby for sure!

Just had to share those updates. Our camera has decided to die so we're sending it off to get fixed so I don't have lots of pics to share right now but I'll include a few from my phone for good measure.


Check out those teeth! This was us shopping. In the dressing room - bribery with Puffs...


Sofia bundled up on our way to Grandma and Grandpa's house


Here is Sofia with her Grandpa S this past weekend. He put on his hat to go outside and put one on her and she was obviously amused!




No comments: