Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Milestones

Sofia is certainly surprising us with all of her 'speaking' abilities. So, Mike and I were talking over dinner and he said I needed to be sure and write all of her words down. ALSO - she's so close to walking. She took her first official "step". A very wobbly one step followed by a collapse into my arms :) It was Thursday, May 12th. She's also standing very solidly on her own. She just does not want to move! She does think it's hilarious though. Must get a video up soon.

As for her words, she's parroting a lot, and she says quite a few things on her own. She's still doing great with her signs (food, more, all done, banana, diaper, and bath). I'm trying to teach her more and more bc it's so nice to allow her that ability to communicate.

She's saying these words regularly and will very often try and repeat lots of other words...

Mama
Daeyyyy!! (Daddy)
Baca (Baxter)
Book
Duck
Baby
Duh-puh (diaper)
Keh-Key (kitty cat) - said in Des Moines every time Dexter came around
Muk (milk)
puk (cup)
Bana (banana)
Ummuh (Elmo)
Up
Bee
Bzzz
Ah Ah (for a monkey noise)

A couple of things have actually amazed me - she says AB when she gets one of her ABC books in her hand. I was seriously in awe! Then, today she pooped and looked at me and said "dupuh" It took me a while to get why she was saying it and then I figured I should change her! I mean - totally could have been a fluke but I'd like to think she's a little baby genius :)

No comments: