Thursday, December 1, 2011

HALFWAY - WHAT?~

This week we had our 20 week ultrasound. I cannot believe I am halfway done with my pregnancy! I feel terrible that I haven't taken any "bump" pics. Maybe I will do a few. It's just that I'm less excited this time about my body transforming b/c now I know what can happen in the end! I become a huge scary whale! And I don't want to document it yet again! But... it's not about that - it's about the baby. :) Mike always asks what I'm going to tell Baby2 when he/she asks why didn't I take bump pics and I tell him I'm sure he/she will not care. Regardless, I'll try and add a few eventually!

Back to the point - we had the 20 week ultrasound and got the "A plus" from the doctor. It's such a relief to know that everything looks healthy and well at this point. I am so happy that this baby is doing great and am getting more and more excited to meet him/her. We obviously have chosen to be surprised again as far as knowing the gender. It was just way too much fun to be surprised at the birth and I want that feeling again. There was nothing like that moment right after Sofia entered the world when Dr. Lawrence said "It's a GIRL!" As if she was surprised herself! :)

I've been trying to talk more and more to Sofie about the baby and she totally doesn't get it but it's fun to talk to her about it. She does kiss my belly when I tell her to kiss the baby so maybe she kind of gets it??? I am pretty anxious to see how she reacts to a new little baby in the house. I hope she's as sweet and loving as she is with us and Baxter. I have a good feeling b/c she has been around other little babies and has been very good and gentle.

I'll try and add some pics soon, but just wanted to chronicle this important milestone in pregnancy #2!

No comments: