Saturday, March 1, 2014

Quarantine

Sofia was fine on Wednesday morning when she woke up but by late morning she was laid out on the couch with a fever, tummy ache, sore throat, and chills.  Poor little thing, just broke my heart. I was putting her down for a nap and noticed her toe was super gross looking - blistery and crusty and totally awful looking. I thought it was either her eczema or athletes foot! But by Thursday I called the doc because I had a hunch it was hand foot and mouth disease. Yes, disease. Sounds way worse than it is, but its no walk in the park either. Total motherly instinct but I also had a couple friends whose kids had it this past year. It wasn't until I saw her blistery hands and fingers and later, mouth, that it occurred to me what was going on. Doctor confirmed my suspicions over the phone and said if she wasn't better by Saturday to bring her in but she should be. And thank God, today she was great. Technically since she's been fever free all day she isn't contagious but I'm going to give it one more day. It's not awful, but day one was pretty miserable for her and I wouldn't want to be responsible for spreading that around.  it is highly contagious so I'm trying to keep her quarantined as long as possible. Today she was back to herself and that's always the best thing to see! Such relief. Now I'm just praying Gabe stays healthy! I'm thinking we should definitely be back in business by Monday. Staying home for four days straight has been a little rough! 


Thank Heavens Mike was off on Friday ! Took a little family walk around the neighborhood. Definitely would have lost my mind being home alone that day- aside from being sick, Sofia was in an awful mood. Rightfully so, yes - but doesn't make it any easier...



No comments: