Since we threw her a party on Sunday, we didn't do anything crazy special today for her birthday but I think she had a great day, nonetheless. She did start her morning off with homemade pancakes from Daddy and hers were shaped like a monkey! My Titi Martha sent her some little animal skillets to make animal pancakes to today it was a monkey. She got a pretty big kick out of birthday monkey pancakes.
Unfortunately we had to start her birthday off at the dr for her 2 year check up :( Even though she had no shots today, she is still never happy to be there. They did have to draw some blood and that was I think worse than a shot! But, she was a good girl, just had some scared tears. OK, she screamed bloody murder, bless her heart, but I think she was a trooper. She had a little convo with her dr. (who she now calls by name!) and she was impressed by her talking. She's definitely a talker, that's for sure! Her stats:
30 lbs - 75th percentile
35 inches tall - 75th percentile
49 inch head circum. - 75th percentile
I recently joined a bible study and after our appointment, the ladies threw a shower for me and another girl who is expecting her first baby. I was totally blown away and not expecting gifts since I had never heard of having a shower for a second baby. What a blessing these women have been to me and I am so grateful for what they did for us today! It was a great time and Sofia pretty much thought it was another birthday party for her, I think :) She had a great time having a real tea party (complete with homemade scones, other delicious treats and tea) and helping Mommy open presents. She did not even melt down when we went a little over her nap time. We both came home and crashed b/c tea partying is exhausting! :)
We hung out at home this afternoon to decompress from the morning and then Daddy came home and we had fish n chips for dinner and cupcakes and then opened presents. I think Sofia had Happy Birthday sang to her 100 times today. I know she enjoyed her day and it brought joy to my heart to see her relishing in her special day.
On her new tricycle from Gimmie and Gippie
Opening gifts with Daddy
Not so sure about the candles still
No comments:
Post a Comment