Sunday, March 18, 2012

The Sweetest Words

I don't know if I've mentioned what a talker Sofia is. We are amused daily by the things she says and repeats and sometimes have no idea where she gets her phrases. Likely from Mickey Mouse or Little Einsteins or who knows!

But today, we were in the car on our way home from a great brunch with friends (Sofia did not want to leave her 4 year old friend, Kendyl, and was very upset to have to stop playing outside.). There was a country song on the radio that said something about "I love you" and I looked back at Sofia and she was listening intently and put down the magazine she was reading and said to me "I love you!" in the sweetest tone I could ever imagine. She was smiling, gazing at me and saying it over and over again and it completely melted my heart. She has definitely said it before, but never unprompted. She usually repeats it or says it back, but this was special. Did she know what she was saying? I'd like to think yes.

No comments: