Can you tell I'm on a blogging rampage today? Sofia's in school this morning and Gabe is playing happlily in his jumper. I had to put him in there b/c he is (army) crawling ALL over the place and I needed a little break :)
Check out the sheer joy on his face as he jumps.
Then check out this infectious giggle.
OK, back to my point. This past weekend Sofia actually wanted to play with Gabe. Most days she ignores him, or snatches toys from him (but is getting much better about sharing!). She protests at holding his hand during grace b/c "he's slobbery". But every now and then she'll do something so sweet that reminds us she really does love him. Sometimes, she'll even go up to him, unprompted with a toy to share. And she's loving fetching his toys that he throws down from the high chair. In the mornings she's usually pretty excited to see him. . "Gabe is awake!" Very sweet. He, on the other hand, 100% ADORES her. He is always watching her and cracking up, or just gazing adoringly at her. but, this weekend, she wanted Gabe to get in her 'space ship' with her. It didn't last long, but it was super cute and I can't wait until they can really play together! Well, I can, actually . . .


On a total random note about Sofia, this past week she's been super clingy. She follows me all over the house, and always wants someone in the room with her now. And she won't go into dark rooms b/c she is scared. She also is getting upset when I drop her off places like at school, church, or gym. . . she has NEVER had this problem before and the only explanation I can come up with is that she's just more aware now and more in touch with her feelings. I hope it passes soon because it hurts my heart to leave her upset. But, I always go back and check and within a minute, she's fine and playing again. I just don't get it! Always keeping us on our toes, these children!
No comments:
Post a Comment