Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Santa

This past Sunday we took Gabe and Sofia to visit Santa.  We thought since it was early in the month and 85 degrees outside, there wouldn't be too much of a crowd.  Well, I think Mike and I tend to forget that we live in HOUSTON now.  Things are always crazy here!  But, it was well worth it.  I'm glad I asked for recommendations for where to go b/c Bass Pro Shops would have never come to mind!  It was really cool, they had an entire wing of their store dedicated to Santa's workshop complete with crafts, activities, movies, treats, and elves!  I stood in line with Gabe while Sofia and Mike played around the workshop for about an hour.  Once we got up to Santa, Sofia was a little bit tentative but so excited and she walked right up, said Hi and got on his lap.  Gabe had a similar reaction as Sofia's first time meeting Santa.  He just STARED in awe.  Then, he grabbed his beard.  Hard.  Gabe might be getting coal in his stocking for that one. It was definitely fun and I love the picture we got.  Mike was a little disappointed that they aren't both smiling but that's the beauty of Santa pictures.  They are rarely perfect which is what makes them so charming!  

Shyly approaching

Sofia waiting for her little brother
Gabe going in for the kill. . . 


No comments: