Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Aunt Jenny

Well, I hadn't blogged in about a week because we had company since last Thursday.  My friend Jenny from Milwaukee came to visit us and it was so wonderful.  I was honestly a  bit nervous for her sake because as she put it, she had never spent more than 24 hours with small children.  Yikes. And she saw it all here but took it all in stride :)  I think she still loves my kids.  Any way, it's such a great feeling to have a friend that cares enough about you to travel across the country to visit.  That friendship will always mean a ton to me, and I know we'll always be close, though far away in distance.  Tear.

During her time here we mostly focused on eating.  We had to get in a few Houston staples and I don't think she was disappointed.  We also had a night out and spent great time with the kids.  She even babysat Gabe while I picked up Sofia at school!


Sofia hit her head pretty good at school.  Apparently didn't even cry but freaked a little once she saw the blood!


Fun night at the Rockets game


Here is what happened while Jenny babysat.  Why doesn't he do that for me!  It's constant motion!




And what a pic of my big girl.  She looks so old here.  Can't believe she'll be three in four days!  Speaking of which, Mike helped her sound out a couple of words last night.  I mean, she's a long way from reading but she's starting to get it!  So incredible, almost brought tears to my (and Jenny's) eyes.  Even better:  The words were "Rockets" and "Texas".  Love it.  
 Making fairies in a jar.  So cool and so easy! If you want to try it, here's the "recipe".http://www.wikihow.com/Make-Fairies-in-a-Jar She loved it.  



No comments: