In the past month, we have moved into our new place which has been so wonderful. Somewhat stressful and quite a leap of faith since our Milwaukee home has not sold BUT, it was needed for our family. SO NEEDED. And it feels so great to have our very own home for our family. We're renting a cute place right around the corner from my parents so it's perfect for right now. I definitely would never have wanted to buy this house but for what we needed when we needed it, it's absolutely perfect. We've gotten into a groove and figured it made sense to stay in the neighborhood with school, gym, church, etc. etc. all being in within ten minutes of here.
So on to more important things, let me give an update on some things Gabe has been up to (a LOT!)
He is pulling up and cruising all over the place now. He mostly wants to be standing or practicing his walking holding anyone's hands who will walk him around.
Saying nanana (no no no) which I obviously tell him wayyyy too much :)
Sleeping - he's still all over the place with this. Once we moved in here he was sleeping GREAT. It took two nights of him in his own bed to sleep through the night. Then, a double ear infection kinda screwed that up. So, it got better after that, then got worse again so I'm praying we can get over this hump again.
Screaming matches with sister. They love screaming at each other. Then they both crack up. Super obnoxious yet hilarious at the same time.
Eating finger foods - he would constantly gag when I first gave him puffs which worried me but now he's on to entire graham crackers, goldfish, cherrios, cheese, ground beef, chicken, pasta, french fries....the kid loves food
Pointing - so cute and funny. He usually uses his whole hand and he started saying "dee" when he pointed. No idea what this means but it's so adorable.
dancing - he bobs a little bit when he hears music
Yelling DADADADADADA when Mike walks in the door. The greeting he gets kinda makes me a little jealous! Both kids just LOSE it when he comes home. My heart. . .
The kid is a blast but man, is he tough. He knows what he wants and is VERY strong willed. And most of the time what he wants is ME. Which is both endearing and frustrating but I know he'll grow out of it eventually. Right??? Any way, he lets you know when you're not doing the right thing. But, when he's happy, boy is he happy. I think what makes him happiest is probably his sister. He just wants to be right next to her playing with her all the time. I think he gets frustrated that he can't do everything that he does, but he certainly tries.
Now for Sofia, she is just growing up every day. She's like my little sidekick, I swear. Although, she doesn't always go along with what I have planned which drives me bonkers but she is really making me work on my patience and how to be the best mom I can be. She went through an awful phase where she challenged EVERYTHING we asked her to do. It was awful, and I felt like each day started, and ended with me scolding her for one thing or another. I feel like this assertion of control has happened each time we've had an adjustment because now she's more or less back to herself . . . Which is still strong willed and independent, but I can more or less reason with her much easier now. Although. . . now when I get upset with her she will tell me "Mommy, you're the best!" or "I like you JUST the way you are". REALLY?! How do I continue to be mad when she says these things? Little manipulator, it cracks me up. . . later. ha. These kids have been through a lot and I have to remember that when I'm pulling my hair out at 5PM each day :) I have to remind myself that they are amazing little creatures and these times of challenge are just a season and one day I'll be wishing them back to this size.
Some photo evidence of random things we've been up to:
Gabe doing "Champion" that Grandma taught him when he eats all his food. So proud of himself!
Ball pit at a birthday party
Sampling a leaf at the park
Sof making Valentines Day cupcakes at her friend Olivia's house with my best girlfriends and their daughters. Tear...
Just had to add this hilarious pic - went to check on Gabe on the monitor one afternoon and here's what I found! Hello!
Pointing and eating chili. Look at that red teething cheek!
While the girls made cookies, Mommy and Gabe bonded a little
No comments:
Post a Comment