We started out the morning at the dentist. Let me just tell you how NOT easy it is to fill out lengthy paperwork for two children while they completely take over the waiting room, throwing toys all over, banging on walls (got a dirty look from a receptionist for that one . . . REALLY?! This is a pediatric dental office, lady, go back to your desk - I gave her one right back), hollering and trying to get me to play with them, etc. . . and I had to pee. So, I finally had to take them both to the restroom and then we finally got taken back to the office . . . and WOW, these people really know how to treat kids. The hygeinists were amazing, so professional, patient, and sweet with the kiddos. I was amazed. I mean, I know it's their job, but you never know how it will go! Sofia was a little tentative at first but warmed up quickly and was so awesome, well behaved, and just a trooper! Gabe wasn't so sure, but his visit was so quick and he didn't cry AT ALL, just kind of complained a little bit since it was such a different thing for him. So proud of my kiddos!!!
Here is Sofia brushing the cow's teeth and getting Dora read to her. . . side story, when we walked in, Sofia asked the hygeinist if she had pink hair. HA! Everyone got a kick out of that (as you can see it's a scarf)
So good following directions and going with the flow, sat still the entire time.
Totally still, chillin!
Playing PacMan while we waited to talk to the Dentist
After the dentist, we headed to the hair salon to get Sofia's first haircut! Yes, her first. You would never know it by looking at her now, but I noticed her ends were looking pretty bad and last time I took Gabe, the lady reccommended just to get her ends trimmed to lighten it up and that it would actually help the curls! So, I took her word for it and she did a great job keeping the curls and even threw some layers in there to enhance the curls! :) Happy Mommy, this was a very hard thing for me to do for some reason! I absolutely LOVE Sofia's hair, crazy as it is! She also did awesome . . . and Mom of the year over here gave them both lollipops only minutes after leaving the dentist! Hey, survival . . . well, whining prevention any way.
So, big milestones today - first dentists visits and first haircut! And we all survived! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment