Sunday, June 30, 2013

Flying Solo at the Pool

So, Friday was a big day for me.  I've always been very hesitant to take the kids by myself to the pool.  It's an intense experience with BOTH Mike and I there, so I couldn't ever imagine I could do it alone. Plus, I am SO crazy cautious about drowning and I just feel like you can't watch your kids enough in the water so with two. . . you can imagine it's a little stressful for me.  But, I took them with another friend and her daughter last week so I got a feel for what it would be like totally alone.  And, Friday it was 100 degrees so I figured Friday afternoon we needed to take a trip to the pool.  We did, and it was GREAT.  Sofia did so well at following my directions and staying close and practicing her swimming (we've been regressing a bit in that department but working on it and improving daily!).  Gabe is a little more high maintenance so I had to get creative keeping him entertained since I can't exactly just let him go.  He wants to just be left alone to walk around and "swim" but he doesn't get it that he just can't!

 But, we did it and I was very proud of myself :)

Snacks during adult swim


See, look how pissed Gabe already looks . . . and of course Sofia has her finger in her nose.  Love this very real picture of what it's like trying to get a good one in of both kids


No comments: