Thursday, November 15, 2012

Dancin for His Dinner

Gabe is getting pretty good at eating.  As you can see, he now loves it :)  


He's also learned the art of sucking his thumb.  It's how he gets himself to sleep, and I think it's so stinking cute.



In Sofia news, I forgot to mention a pretty big milestone that she's been doing awesome with - she's sleeping in a big girl bed now!  We decided it was time to take Gabe out of the pack n play and give him a bigger, comfier place to sleep.  And, since his very own crib is still in Milwaukee, we thought it was a good idea to transition at this point.  Thankfully, it went very smoothly.  They've been in their new beds for a few weeks now.

In other family news, we're still waiting on our house to sell in Milwaukee.  Some days, I feel that I'm at my wits end still here living with my parents since I never imagined it would be this long.  Most days I try to remind myself how blessed we are that we have them to help us (which they do tremendously).  We are blessed that we don't have to worry about paying a double mortgage, or living in a city where we had NO family or help.  We are blessed, period.  And when I get all stressed out I just have to continue to remind myself of that very fact.  This is a season, and it will pass.  Although I feel that some days, we are going to be here forever, I know that's not true.  There is a plan, and it will come to fruition at the perfect time.  In the mean time, we will enjoy the help with the kids and life in general and try not to take it for granted, because we are truly truly thankful.  





1 comment:

ESchnieders said...

Not going to lie, I have watched that video over 10 times today....I can't wait to see that bean.