Friday, February 7, 2014

Grandma and Grandpa

Mikes parents are here and have truly been a Godsend to us. Not only did they help unpack our entire house and get settled, but they also have watched the kids so much to let us organize the house, run errands, etc. they even took the kids with them to Galveston for two days ! Amazing... I had two whole days to myself.... I haven't had that since before Sofia was born so it was pretty priceless.  I got to sleep in, be totally productive, run errands, go on dates with Mike, and REST!  I did miss the kids a lot but is it terrible to say that I maybe could have done a couple more days ? ;) not sure Grandma and Grandpa could have! Our kids are non stop. Mostly Gabe is but it's nice to have someone understand why I'm a shell of a person by 8pm each night. Seriously, I needed that break more than words can express. It was the perfect recharge for me as a mommy.  

Oh I guess I forgot to mention we moved. Ugh! Wanted to renew the lease at our old place but they wanted to put it on the market so we had a little over a month to find a new place before it went on the market and we didn't want to deal with it.  While moving is a huge pain, it was so meant to be. We love our new house and hope to be ready to buy our own home soon. But, definitely happy here for now :)

We did not plan our move around mikes parents being here...but we might from now on! Haha ...it just worked out that way for the second year in a row! Hey, it really does take a village. 

While they had the kids, they took them to a bounce house place.  I couldn't download Sofia's video for some reason but here is Gabe. Hilarious ! The best part is they are still exhausted. We head back to the Galveston condo tomorrow for more fun.  I don't want them to leave!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XURclkPoKY4 

No comments: