The kids had their 2 year and 4 year checkups together on Wednesday, April 16th. Lucky Gabe didn't have to get any shots. Poor baby girl did and she was stressed about it for a while. I try not to tell her when she's going to the doctor but when she asked me the night before "What are we doing tomorrow?" I couldn't lie. This child suffers from MAJOR anxiety over the doctor. I think what topped it off for her was when she had to get blood drawn a while ago for a swollen gland. That totally traumatized her and she's since been TERRIFIED of blood. And needles. And the doctor. Yikes. So, we were doing OK. . . Gabe got looked over without incident and then it was Sofia's turn. She was SO worked up over them having to take her blood pressure they gave up because it wouldn't have been an accurate reading. (sigh. . . my poor sweet girl!) Other than that, she was great - chatting up Dr. Zuniga, and showing me how tough she was. THEN, time for shots. Three of them. I want to seriously block it from my mind because she screamed SO LOUD and kicked so much, there had to be THREE of us holding her down for shots. When it was all over, she limped out of the office and refused to walk correctly for the rest of the day because of her shots on her legs. So, needless to say I have no pictures from this awesome experience, but here are the kids stats:
SOFIA
Height 3'3.61" (46th percentile)
Weight 38 lbs (77th percentile)
GABE
Height35.5" (79th percentile)
Weight 30 lbs (87th percentile)
Everyone always comments on how huge Gabe is so I guess the numbers don't lie!
All in all everyone is healthy and well which is all I can ask for as a mother.
No comments:
Post a Comment