Yesterday after I got a nice yoga workout in at the Y, and ran a quick errand, I told the kids we should pick up Chick fil A and have a picnic. They were all about it of course and I was pumped to enjoy this uncharacteristically awesome weather for May in Houston. We've already had some 90 degree days so we have been loving this no humidity 70s and 80s business. We know in a few more days it's back to scorching humidity. Any way - on the way to get lunch, I called Mike and asked if he wanted to join us and we could meet him at Discovery Green - an awesome park right next to where he works. He loved the idea so off we went. SO. MUCH. FUN. I grabbed the kids suits b/c there are two awesome splash pad areas and I knew they'd want to participate in that. It is such a joyous thing to watch kids at a splash pad. It's like the definition of happiness. If you're ever in a bad mood, go find some kids to watch splash around in the water. Probably much more exciting when they're your own kids but still . . . just TRY not to laugh when you watch small children run around anxiously awaiting the next fountain to spray and the joyous shrieking that ensues after! It's just the best . . . I couldn't get enough video and pics but here are a few pics to try to capture it :)
This was just a sweet moment walking out of the Y. Gabe won't hold my hand but will hold sister's.
How sweet is this? The initial hesitation about getting under the fountain. Love how they are so united in this adventure :) I wish I could have heard what they were saying to each other.
And off they go together
The other splash pad around the corner proved to be much more exciting because the fountains turned off and on sporadically causing tons of excitement.
No comments:
Post a Comment