Tuesday, January 14, 2014

A Tuesday

I used to do my grocery shopping on Tuesday afternoons with both kids since our store has one of those double seated car carts and it's usually pretty easy to do as long as we get one of the special carts :).  But, I'm finding it's harder and more of a pain to try to get the kids out of the house in the afternoons.  Easier to just hang in the playroom, yard or park. Or my parents house!  And the grocery store is so much less crowded in the mornings.  So, usually on Tuesdays, I take Sofia to school in the morning and head to the store with Gabe.  Today he was so awesome I could almost shop in peace :)  The best part is the end when the kids get Buddy Bucks and get to spin the Buddy Bucks wheel.  They save up for prizes and they now BOTH love it.  Used to be just Sofia's thing but now Gabe is into it as well.  Pretty awesome - if they misbehave all I have to to is threaten "no buddy bucks" at the end.  And they learn the value of saving up for a prize.  Love it.  



The weather this week has been unbelievable - mid 60s and sunny.  Just want to be outside all the time!  So, it's always fun to let the kids play extra long on the playground after school and today we actually went to a nearby park and had a picnic when we left. Perfection.  


 Gabe trying to figure out how to climb up after sister (he calls her TATA for sister)

We were at the park with Sofia's friend Maxine and her mom and sister.  When Mike got home tonight he asked Gabe what he did and he said "Have. fun. park.  Play Maxine."  We were both like WOW.  This kid's talking is improving by the day and it's pretty incredible to witness.  I'm loving it but it's still funny when he says something we have NO clue what he's saying and he keeps trying and trying until we get it.  He knows he has something to say and wants to be sure we know too.

No comments: