I know we're so far past Christmas now, but I couldn't not do a Christmas blog. Especially because it was such a different kind of Christmas this year but honestly might have been my favorite one yet. NO lie. This year due to varying circumstances, the Schnieders clan came to Houston for Christmas. It was an idea that I threw out to Mike to bring up to his parents never imagining anyone would go for it but really hoping they would! Turns out, they did and we were pretty pumped up about it. I won't lie, there was some stress about how we would actually DO Christmas with both families in town but it couldn't have turned out more perfect, at least that's how I felt. I absolutely LOVED having everyone and was super sad when everyone left. It's so different when everyone comes to you . . . you really don't want anyone to leave when it's time. But, when you're the one traveling (at least in my experience), getting home at the end of the chaos is quite welcome and very nice. I did feel a sense of exhaling when all was said and done but I did go through a pretty bummed out period or two where I really wanted everyone back here! I really do feel blessed to have married into such an amazing family. :) And it was perfection to me to have both families in one place for Christmas. Truly a blessing. I know my parents and brother loved having a much bigger Christmas, too! It was so much fun and the only thing missing were Adam, Jes, Addison, and Drew. Sofia and Gabe would have LOVED to have their cousins with them but they had their family visiting them in Des Moines. It really was such a fun time and went by way way too fast.
Christmas Eve we went to church all together and then went to my parents' house for a Luna style Christmas complete with Santa, tamales, and Mamo's eggnog. For Christmas Day, we had a "quiet" Christmas morning with just the four of us and then everyone came over for brunch. Lots of yummy food, bloodies, mimosa and playing with new toys :) Then, the kids napped and we had Schnieders Christmas that lasted hours, of course. Too many presents but I won't complain! :) The next day, my MIL took the girls on a shopping spree and the boys stayed behind to watch the kiddos and that night we all took in a delicious dinner and Rockets game! Seriously so much fun.
I obviously was having too much fun to take any pictures but here's what I do have.
Santa with Sofia and Gabe on Christmas Eve
Robyn's contribution to H-Town Christmas (grillz)
Just a normal Schnieders picture
Sofia loving her Sofia the First magnet set
opening presents - almost caught Gabe's super surprised present opening face which is priceless
The deadly eye gouging weapon. . . I mean, parasol
PJ time
Christmas morning
riding her new scooter with Grandma
No comments:
Post a Comment