Monday, January 20, 2014

Marathon weekend

This weekend was fairly low key since Mike was running the half marathon on Sunday.  I can't explain how proud I am of him... He's tough to get to commit to something so when he said he was doing this, I was pretty impressed.  He stuck to it and trained in a pretty abbreviated amount of time but he's naturally athletic so I knew he could do it.  Sure enough, he finished in 2:02 which is amazing for a first go, at least I think!  I am inspired to try and do it with him next year but I'm always inspired by watching the marathon and then I attempt to run farther than 3 miles and quickly forget about that desire haha.  It's such an amazing thing to watch and the energy out there is just incredible.  One of my favorite things to watch because its normal every day people who are kind of like pro athletes for a day. Pro athletes who pay to play rather than get paid,ha.


Here is our post race family pic. Mike brought the kids ice cream sandwiches so they weren't real into the pic


Proud of their Daddy

Post race celebration in our back yard 

This was our first stop of the morning... A little chilly at 7am! My good friend, Jamie met us and was such a huge help.  She was great in navigating us so we could find just the right 'cheer on' spots and was an enormous help with the kiddos.  We joked that we would be a great Amazing Race team because it was a lot of running around! We would park, walk, cheer, high five, turn around, drive to next spot and repeat. So much fun!

Congratulations to you, Mike.  You're an inspiration and example to our family and we loved supporting you every step of the way!  GO DADDY GO!!!!!



No comments: