Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Party Weekend

This past weekend we had THREE birthday parties in one day.  This was all after a night of partying for Sofia and Daddy at the dance ;)  We decided to attempt all three... crazy, I know. All for the kids, I tell you.  So, we all got up bright and early and Gabe and Mike headed off to swim class.  Sofia and I went to a princess party where she got to dress as Sofia the First and dance to princess tunes all morning :) here she is singing to herself in the mirror. So funny the mom thought to bring the mirror, but genius! What little girl dressed like a princess doesn't want to look at herself in the mirror?!


 Then, Mike and Gabe and Sofia and I met up at the next party of the day.  A Super Hero party . . . Totally blanked on taking pics and this was the party with all my closest friends and kiddos! guess thats why.. too busy chatting?! It was complete with capes and a bounce house.  Fun times had by all for sure but I was beginning to grow weary.  haha. . . so we came home and put the kids down for a nap.  Sofia had come down with the sniffles the night before but nothing that seemed too bad and even throughout the morning was pretty minor.  Well, by the time she woke up from her nap it was a full blown head cold so I decided she needed to stay home from the last party of the day.

This was tough seeing as this last party was our neighbor. And we could see the bounce house from our back yard :(  So, I came up with the idea that Mike would take Sofia to see Frozen for a second time and I would take Gabe to the party.  Thank goodness she was happy with this, but only after a bit of convincing.  So, Gabe and I went super late to the party since he napped forever.   and stopped off for dinner at Gimmie and Gippie's.  Crazy yet super fun day. . . and Mike and I ended it by celebrating a friends birthday.  Adults only this time :) 

Our last party was a painting party and Gabe really got into it! Who knew?


No comments: