Saturday, April 6, 2013

Highs and Lows

Since Friday the weather has just been phenomenal here.  So, of course on Friday afternoon after naps, we headed over to the park.  We were there about 20 minutes when Sofia ran off to the sand pit to play like she always does.  The park was particularly crowded with lots of bigger kids so I asked her to wait for me (which she did not).  I just let her go as she normally does which is to sit by the sand pit, take off her shoes and run in.  Well, I was heading her way with the stroller and Gabe in tow and before I got to her I saw her get up, jump, run around and heard BLOOD CURDLING screams.  It was awful.  I was terrified.  She was screaming for me and running and saying "BEES!!!!"I of course ran over to her and found that they were ants.  I thought maybe she had just stepped in them but she was so frantic I couldn't figure it out.  I finally saw that she had SAT in a bed with a dress on so she got TONS of bites all over her little tush :(  It was so terrible and I wanted to cry for her because I know how bad that stings.  I also had a momentary panic b/c the last time Mike got bit like that we had to rush him to the ER because he had a Hitch (the movie) like allergic reaction.  Very scary, and he had to get an epi pen.  Thank God, after 20 minutes I figured we were safe and she wasn't even talking about them or scratching the bites any more.  My poor baby, but she's been good ever since.  What a tough tough girl she is, really. Not the best way to start off the weekend though, definitely started off on a low note :(

Today was much better, definitely a high to balance out yesterday's low . . . we went to a crawfish boil all day and it was the perfect day for it.  Nothing like the hot sunshine, cold beer, and a tray full of spicy crawfish, corn, potatoes and mushrooms.  YUM.  Sofia and Gabe were champs despite screwy/no naps :)  On the way home they of course fell asleep so I would run into a couple of stores while Mike drove around with them.  Perfection!  Here are some pics from the crawfish boil.  So much fun!  One big thing we missed about Houston for sure!

At first, Sofia (and the dog) were very curious about the live crawfish



It didn't take Sofia long to decide she wanted to hold one.  I gotta admit, I am impressed.  I would not touch a live one!  But I'll eat the dead ones! :) 


 And Gabe was super chilled and happy all day which was awesome for us.  He's usually a little more high maintenance but not today!  I think he likes crawfish boils as much as we do! Or just being outside. . . There was one other little boy there a little older than him.  He was supposed to be trying to nap and I think Gabe kind of hindered that idea. . . he was swinging his plastic crawfish around and might have knocked him in the face with it. . .


 My little party animal.



No comments: