Today was another gorgeous day. Started out with a nice spin class at the Y and came home for early naps. Kiddos were super whiny this morning so I needed to get them down for naps sooner than later. So, we had early lunches and early naps. I decided while they were napping that today would be the perfect zoo day since they would probably be up earlier than normal and we hadn't been in a while. I'm so glad I did. It was just the kids and I so I could really ENJOY them. And, sadly as a stay at home mom - I'll be honest - there's not a lot of time to just relish in your kids. It's always go go go or "time for lunch" or "clean up time" or "don't touch that" or "share" or "NO!". .. you get the idea. But, I thoroughly enjoyed each moment with them this afternoon and I'm so glad I was able to do that. We leisurely strolled through the zoo, had an ice cream, saw all the animals we wanted to and - this is HUGE - rode on the carousel! Sofia has been terrified of it for a while now and would refuse to go on. So, when she said she wanted to and actually got ON, I was so proud of her! We overcame a fear today! So exciting :) She wouldn't get on an animal so we sat on one of the benches (Gabe was bjorned) but she said next time she'd get on an animal. A totally blissful day for me as a mother.
Both with their tongues out. . .
Sofia was excited about peacocks. I think she came to like them at the Milwaukee zoo b/c they roam free there.
She was guiding us with her map
I had to capture the carousel moment even if you can't tell where we are and that Gabe's only half in it, sorry buddy!
Very cautious on the carousel
No comments:
Post a Comment