It's been such a crazy year, and Gabe has been such a trooper through it all. He had quite an intense first year of life, and aside from some sleep problems, he has been such a happy boy, reminding us all to be happy. I didn't think it was possible to bring even MORE joy into each day, but he has. And craziness, too! :) There is nothing like his laughter and his smile or when he's staring into my eyes while I nurse him. Even better is his laughter combined with his sisters. Nothing.like.it. Complete music to my ears.
Today, we had dual doctor appointments since Sofia's three year birthday was a few weeks before Gabe's. The less I can go to the pediatrician, the better! They both did AMAZING (a few tears from shots for Gabe :( but quickly got over it as usual!) Sofia was actually asking for a shot! I had told her she might get one so she was ready, but she wasn't due for any. So funny. I have to thank her doctor kit and Doc McStuffins for a better experience at the doctor these days :) Plus, her doctor is pretty great with them.
So, here are their stats:
Sofia:
Height - 37" (40th percentile) I always thought she was tall but I guess she's about average height.
Weight - 34 lbs
Gabe:
Height - 30.25" (66th percentile)
Weight - 22lbs, 13 oz (51st percentile)
Head - 19: (93rd percentile) big brain ;)
I sure am blessed with some amazing, healthy, happy, loving, and hilarious children. I am so thankful for what God has given our family and I try to look at them each day and remind myself of that. They are the best things that have happened to this family and I am thankful. They have shown me love that I never knew I had in my heart with a fierceness that I've never experienced. They have forever changed my heart and how I view the world and I want to be a better person and make the world a better place for them. They deserve that and more.
Opening presents with Gimmie - a personalized step stool to match sister's and cowboy boots from Uncle Matty
Of course wanting to eat the paper
Mmmm Spaghetti
And of course a cake video (We skyped with Grandma and Grandpa for cake time!)
No comments:
Post a Comment