Thursday, May 16, 2013

Austin

Yesterday I went on a quick overnight trip to Austin because my dad was part of the 40th anniversary of the Mexican American Legislative Caucus. I had to get a sitter for the afternoon and Mike stayed with the kids overnight, obviously. It was so nice to spend time with my family like old times :) we all wished Mike could have been there but someone had to stay with the kiddos! After the reception we went down to check out old composites and there I was! I wish I would have taken a pic of my dads...so young! We all went to dinner after and then stopped at Rita's which I've been dying to try: custard with Italian Ice. YUM.

I got home this morning and immediately knew it was time to get the kids out of the house. So I took them running at Memorial Park and then we played at the park there for a while. I defi Italy got my workout in! Pretty sure pushing approximately 65 pounds while jogging 3 miles counts for double the workout, followed by chasing now TWO kids at the playground. Sheesh!

I also forgot to add this pic to the mothers day blog. The boys walking out of church with Sofia. So. Sweet.









No comments: