Yesterday was on one hand, perfect, and on the other not so much. It was perfect because I literally did nothing work wise. I didn't lift a finger in the kitchen and just sat back and relaxed all day! Mike threw an incredible brunch for me, my mom and dad, brother and grandma and kiddos. It was complete with bloodies and mimosas, my kind of brunch. He TOTALLY spoiled me. Although he did spoil me, I must say that it made me realize how much he spoils me every weekend. He really gives me a break when I need it from the kids on the weekends. . . he's such an attentive husband and father.
It was also so very special to be able to celebrate with my grandma and mom as mothers together. I don't think you can fully appreciate Mother's Day for what it should be until you're a mother yourself.
After our brunch, it was nap time and then we all went to Lowes to get flowers to plant out front. This was Sofia's idea! LOVE! So, I planted myself out front with a glass of champagne, plopped Gabe in the pack n play and let Sofia and Daddy do the work :)
Here's a video of the planting in action (sorry kind of long).
On the other hand, I would be LYING if I said the entire day was perfect :) Let's be honest, Sofia was a handful. She woke up on the wrong side of the bed, and the whining started immediately upon getting out of bed (says Mike who let me sleep in). She of course was GREAT while everyone was over here but when it was just us . . . terrible. I hated having to get after her on Mother's Day but lately she has been so naughty. Very defiant and lots of screaming tantrums when she doesn't get her way. It's awful. And punishing her is heartwrenching for me but I know as a mom that I have to set boundaries. It's been a struggle and I hope this is something that's a quick passing phase but talk about the Terrible 3s. . . :( I always make sure she knows I still love her but we've been having to crack down and really follow through on consequences for her. It sucks but. . . it works.
All in all, it was a really great day. I feel blessed beyond measure and, even when my kids misbehave, they are still my world. I am one happy mama.
I almost forgot to add their mothers day crafts from school and church!
No comments:
Post a Comment