That's how most days are for us: highs and lows. For example, this morning I was CRACKING up right along with my kids. It was one of those moments where my crazy self was thinking "I could totally have another kid". Because it was that five minutes of euphoria you get every now and then (OK, more than that lately, lucky for my my kids have been on a super sweet kick - balances out the past month of awfulness!) . Any way - started out with Gabe singing along to Pitbull on Good Morning America! My mom always used to sing that "YEA YEA YEA Que No Paren La Fiesta" song to him since he was itty bitty when we lived with them. I think it was a Texans Budweiser commercial so it was on ALL THE TIME. And apparently, it struck a chord with him because he was running around back and forth in the playroom shouting "YEA YEA YEA". I. was.dying. Then, I left the room momentarily and when I came back Sofia had Gabe in a scissor lock. Thank you Daddy, for teaching her some wrestling moves. They were both just still and Gabe finally started to struggle and I had to scold Sofia and tell her "no more putting your brother in a scissor lock". One of those things you never picture coming out of your mouth. Till you're a parent. Any way, hilarious start to the day.
Here is the video of Gabe singing. I can't take it.
So, as I mentioned the kids have been so awesome lately (I didn't want to write about it because that always jinxes me). I'm not sure if they have been more awesome or if I'm getting better with my patience, tolerance, and overall parenting skills. Probably a mixture of all of the above. But, anyone who knows me knows that I've especially had a time with Sofia the past month or so. It brought me to tears on many occasions just because I didn't know why she was being so defiant and nasty. After some serious disciplinary action and working through things, it seems we've made some improvements. THANK GOD. I know the honeymoon period will only last so long until we get to the next hurdle but I sure am enjoying it.
That being said, of course we started out the day laughing and the rest of the morning was back to being a challenge. Both kids were whining messes and thank goodness for swim class because that always cheers Sofia up and is just a nice break in the day and Gabe enjoyed watching today. I'm attributing this bout of fussiness for Sofia to a cold and also lack of sleep. Yesterday she tricked me into thinking she didn't need a nap. She was in bed talking for an HOUR and finally I just gave her some books to read because when the day comes for her to give up that nap, you bet your butt I will be implementing quiet time because Mommy needs quiet time more than anybody! So, that's what we did and as I sit here I'm wondering if that was the ultimate backfire b/c she doesn't want to nap again today (despite so obviously needing it) and is talking talking talking . . . I need Samuel Jackson to come over here and tell her like it is.
No comments:
Post a Comment