Weaning, that is. Or is it? I seem to remember being much more emotional about ending that special bonding time of nursing with Sofia. I guess I was anticipating feeling that same way because I kept stretching out when I would finally be done with Gabe. He had been down to only nursing once a day (at night) for the past couple of weeks when I kept saying "Ok, I'll be done on this day". Well, he did it himself! It made it so much easier for me, I don't even think he missed it at all! This is a kid who was SO boob attached it was not even funny so I was shocked that three nights ago, he literally refused it, pushed it away! He wanted nothing to do with it. I wondered if it was because I was in a rush that night and he felt that so I did feel a little bad about that. So, I tried once more the next night and, same thing. So, last night, he just got a bottle after dinner and that was it. I guess one year was exactly what he needed. Crazy how it just naturally happens. I feel very blessed that it wasn't a difficult transition. He does cry a little more when going down now, but I can handle that! Just getting used to the new routine.
Sofia had her very first performance with her bible study class last week and I can't find the video camera cord so I will upload that as soon as I can find it! It was SO adorable and she was a little less of a ham than I had expected but at least not painfully shy. You never know what's going to happen when they get on that stage! Today was our last bible study for the year (until the fall). I will miss it SO much and I know Sofia will too. School comes to an end in May too. . . what are we going to do with all this free time?!?! The pool, I suppose!
No comments:
Post a Comment