Wednesday, July 3, 2013

CRAPpy Day - Warning - Disgusting material (no photos)

I say that in the literal sense.  It has been a pretty OK day so far but this morning started with a BANG that is for sure.

I took Gabe out of his high chair after breakfast and noticed some seeping from the diaper.  No big deal, so I took him over the the changing table and started undressing him.  There was quite the surprise waiting for me once I unzipped those pjs all the way . . . and I STILL cannot figure out how on earth the (humongous smelly) load almost completely MISSED the diaper.  It was like his poop somehow totally avoided landing in the diaper and instead landed in a disgusting sloppy mess right into his pjs which of course was ALL over him.  By the end of changing him (while contorting his screaming writhing body so as to avoid an even BIGGER mess), there was poop from his elbow to his toe.  No lie.  And all over me too of course.  All the while Sofia is yelling at me to retrieve one item or another because that's what she does these days is boss me around.  (Mom, get my rocket.  Mom, get my princesses.  Mom, I want to be a princess.  Mom...MOM... MOOMMMMMMMMMM....Get the idea?  And she really only seems to like to make demands when I'm 100% tied up and busy with something else.  Sigh . . .

So, back to the explosion.  Then, I take Gabe straight to the bath.  A pleasant surprise for him until it ended abruptly but then back to being OK once he realized he could go back to playtime since he was now clean.  But, I'm not done.  I had NO idea what to do with the PJs.  Probably would have thrown them away if they hadn't been brand spanking new. No lie, first night wearing them.  So, I figured taking them out back and putting on the most powerful setting of the water house should work.  Thank God it did... but I had to make sure every nook and cranny of the PJs were clean, so I reached my hand into one of the little footies and there was a poop filled footie that I had to reach into and turn inside out to get it all cleaned out.  Yea, looking back I probably could have just thrown the PJs away but that's not the way we Schnieders do things.  I hosed myself down and washed my hands eight times after this whole routine and the rest of the way went surprisingly smooth.  I was really nervous it was a sign of a VERY bad day.  But, I guess you can really only go up from there, right?

So, I took my chances and took the kids with me to get an oil change and car wash.  Much easier than I had envisioned since they were TOTALLY entranced in watching the cars get washed.  Look how serious! They even ran errands with me after and were so well behaved.



Looking foward to a super fun July 4th party at our friends' house tomorrow and then Jamie's wedding festivities begin!  I'm not sure if I'm more excited about the wedding and fun festivities leading up to it or watching Sofia be a flower girl!! AH! Lots of photos to come of course!


No comments: