Monday, July 1, 2013

Summer afternoon

My blood has obviously thinned back to Texas blood because today I thought it was nice enough outside to hang out in the back yard during the hottest afternoon hours.  It honestly was nice!  I do think we've been having an AWFUL heat wave the past few days and today brought some relief.  I think today's high was 91 and it has been in the 100s the past three days. BRUTAL, so when I walked and and didn't immediately pour out sweat, I thought - we should play in the back yard!  Baxter needed a bath and the kids play great together outside now so it was perfect.  Gabe LOVES the sandbox and Sofia got in with him after she helped me bathe Baxter (such a good little helper).  Next thing I knew they were eating sand and pouring it all over each other.  Awesome.  I was honestly just happy they were content.  Sometimes I think they get stir crazy and try to torture each other in the play room.  So, any change of scene is good.  



 Clean and miserable Baxter who hates baths :) 

No comments: