I'm not kidding, since my last post we've been back to the doctor twice. We are literally going to the doctor once a week since the first week of July. We went back a week after Gabe's check up but that time for Sofia. She was warm and complaining of her ear hurting. So, sure enough, she had an ear infection. The dr. seemed to think the other one never fully went away. Ugh. So, we're finishing up her second round of antibiotics today.
Then, today we went back for a follow up on Gabe since he had his diagnosis of a double ear infection. Sure enough, he still has it. I asked the dr. to look at Sofia since we had just been in the previous week and are going on vacation starting Friday. Sure enough, she still has hers too. These poor kiddos. Between Mike and I's ears they were just doomed :( Mike's of course were WAY worse than mine but I did have my issues, tubes, etc. So, they both had to get shots today and a second round of meds for Gabe and a THIRD for Sofia! Crazy. I asked the doc at what point do we need to consider tubes? As much as I LOVE the pediatrician's office (LIE), I'd really like to stop visiting weekly. We have already emptied out our medical flex spending card! All the dr. visits and meds for two kids add up FAST. So, he said to bring them back after vacation and if things aren't better we will be looking at sending Sofia to an ENT. He said Gabe can wait on that still. Prayers for my babies, please! The great news is they are more or less sleeping pretty well and definitely happy and cheery during waking hours so thankful for that. But, Gabe is definitely a little off his game for a while now. Poor lil guy.
Off to Indy on Friday for Sheila's wedding and then to the lake for a week of family fun! WE NEED IT!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment